Monday, April 28, 2014

Oregano by Dana

Hello all, so with all of our herbs we have in our garden I figured I could dry them out and replace what was missing in our herb rack in the cabinet.  So I decided to start with the Greek Oregano


Missing Herbs


 Fresh Greek Oregano


I soaked leaves in a little soap and water to get tiny bugs off


I let the leaves dry on a towel


I put them in a bowl so they can dry


The leaves were cut on the 22nd.  They we somewhat dried on the 24th.  At the end of the week they were completely dried


Ready to separate the leaves from the stems.


I rubbed the leaves in the palm of my hands to separate the leaves from the stems.  By the way my hands smelled like Oregano which smell so good.


I didn't have an herb grinder so I used the bottom of the glass container to crush a little more


I bent the paper plate and used it like a funnel to put the herbs in the jar


Walla a finished process










No comments:

Post a Comment