Saturday, October 26, 2013

Playndirt visits Karl Linn Community garden

Hey all Dana here,

Today we visited Karl Linn Community Garden in Berkeley.  It was awesome. We met Mary, she was in charge of the gardening today.  There were student's from UC Berkeley volunteering at the garden.  Mary allowed us to look around to see what kind of plants they have.  I recognized some like tomatoes, kale or purple collards, a different variety of string bean and artichoke which was too cool. The kale by the way was really big, I can't wait until ours get that big. Anyway Darnell took pictures. I noticed that there was a lot of tomatoes that had fallen off the bush and it looked like they were decomposing which is cool because they will turn into compost which adds nutrients back to the soil.  I was allowed by one of the long time plot owners to pick some of her kale, so I did, I washed it off and stuck it in my freezer.
Until next time.

Karl Linn Community Garden
at the corner of Peralta Ave and Hopkins Street
in Berkeley, California.












No comments:

Post a Comment